Delhi Metro project update
Project Update as on June 15, 2011:
- Viaduct piling works 99% completed, Pilecaps 86% completed, overall civil works 77% completed.
- Western Railway has approved all the design & Girder fabrication has commenced for the most critical Metro Bridge over Western Railway Tracks at Andheri. 1st Girder fabricated and under dispatch. 2nd Girder under manufacturing. Received CRS sanction and work commenced inside Railway Boundary i.e between tracks under railways supervision. 6 Piles of 8 Piles completed for the pier between Railway tracks at Andheri.
- Structural works at Marol Substation have been completed; finishing works are in advance stages. All the transformers have been received and installed at Marol Sub-Station and expected to be commissioned shortly.
- Construction of Depot works is in progress and on schedule. Erection of shed at Maintenance Workshop largely completed. Civil works at D N Nagar Depot Receiving Substation have been completed. All transformers have been received and installation is in progress.
- Erection of OHE Masts commenced. Trackworks installation at Depot commenced and in Viaduct to commence shortly.
- First train of four coaches has been received and stabled at Depot. 2nd Train going undergoing testing at China. Next lot of five trains is under manufacturing and would be dispatched shortly.
- Factory Acceptance Test of various Rail Systems equipments and its delivery to site is in progress. All major Depot Plant & Machinery like Diesel Shunting Locomotive, Re-Railing vehicle, Train Simulator, Railcar lifting system, Bogie Test Bench, Electrical Tractor, Automatic Wash Plant & Cranes have been received.